Consistent. Steadfast. Stick-to-it. Is that you?
Do you make plans and then follow them? Every day?
Consistency yields the best results, especially when you add a little wiggle room for play and fun. Here’s how to have fun and get it done!
The Scientific Approach to Success
Pretend that you are a scientist and be your own guinea pig…
1. Begin with a hypothesis: “I want to be successful.” It’s easy and fun when it’s what you really want.
2. Decide what you need to know, then gather the data:
“How am I doing?”
“What actions worked well?”
“What hasn’t worked well?”
“What improvements are needed?”
“Given what is going on in my world—what is the best way to make things better?”
3. Objectively analyze the data: “What does this information tell me?”
4. Draw Conclusions: “What will work best from now on?” (A plan? An implementation? Learning something new? Consistency?)
5. Action Plan: It’s fun to get it done. Write a to-do list and prioritize it. If it’s urgent do it now and move on to what you really want to do. You can use the “ten percent solution” and ask yourself, “If I could be 10% more pro-active today, what would I do?” Then make that happen! Show up and do what matters now.
In a nutshell? What counts? What’s truly worthwhile for YOU to do?
What action? What will you DO now and each day to create what you truly value?
Do it! One step at a time… one task at a time.
Keep tabs. Assess what works well and do more of that.
Shelley Stockwell-Nicholas, PhD is the President of the International Hypnosis Federation and the author of 23 books including “WIN: Coaching Guide For Yourself and Others” and “Thrive: Medical Hypnosis For Yourself and Others” she invites you to join her Facebook page “free hypnosis- IHF.”