Wonderful opportunities arise when you ask yourself the right questions.
- Ask: What do I want? “Tell me what I want what I really, really want…” Intention is the mother of invention. Name it to claim it. Setting your intention instructs your inner mind to make it so. Oh, and do not “should” on yourself. Want what is really important to YOU in your heart of hearts.
- Ask: What’s it like to have what I want? Start at the end. At the end of the day, when it’s a “done deal” what will it be like for you to have what you want? How will you look, feel, smell, taste, sound and be inspired? Wrap your mind around your result. You’re coming to your senses and your senses motivate you to make it happen.
- Ask: If my goal is a movie, how does it roll out? As the director of your academy award-winning movie, “Getting What I Want,” your story unfolds step-by-step in living color. What scene-by-scene scenarios happen that make your goal real? Fruition happens because you script it that way. Be clear on the “why” of each scene and action. Write your plan that takes you from where you are to where you will be, so you stay on track. If you get stuck ask, “What’s another way to approach this or how can I do differently?”
- Ask: What amuses me about this? As a pleasure seeker, delight yourself with the joy of creation. After all, you’re the director of this heart-warming and smile-worthy movie.
- Ask: What resources will I use? You’re in charge AND sometimes it helps to put other people on your team to assist you. But beware, do not dive into depend… the “deep end.” YOU are the one who leads this parade!
- Tell a vision: What is it? Regularly talk to yourself—you do anyway—and ask yourself about your vision and goal. Then, when you are ready tell others, they can help you stay the course. If you run into a naysayer, smile inside yourself and stop sharing with them. They don’t know who they’re dealing with. Most importantly, from the movie South Pacific, “You’ve got to have a dream; if you don’t have a dream…how you gonna have a dream come true?”
Shelley Stockwell-Nicholas, PhD is the President of the International Hypnosis Federation and the author of 23 books including “WIN: Coaching Guide For Yourself and Others” and “Thrive: Medical Hypnosis For Yourself and Others” she invites you to join her Facebook page “free hypnosis- IHF.”